Managing your household budget just got easier, thanks to the wide selection of checks from CheckWorks. The right checkbook can help you keep track of your spending habits, ensuring that your bank account is never overdrawn. An added benefit is that by knowing your specific spending habits, when you need to cut corners, your detailed records will make it easier to eliminate unnecessary spending.
Some of the ways that our checkbooks can help you manage your household finances include:
- Duplicate checks – a copy of every check you write provides you with clear records to monitor your spending.
- Detailed registers – specific, easy-to-read registers give you a place to record the details of each transaction, which can be quite helpful during tax time.
- Numerous styles – while the various styles of our checks may not specifically help you manage your finances, the different styles will at least make your check-writing experience a little bit more fun.
Here are some other tips for managing your finances and staying afloat instead of sinking like a rock.
- Remember that a checkbook is not free money – make sure you always have enough in your account to pay for your purchase.
- Balance your checkbook every month to ensure that your bank’s records match your own. Any differences should immediately be tracked down and accounted for – never ignore discrepancies.
- Invest in one of our binders or other organizational tools – they are perfect for keeping all of your checks, duplicate checks, and registers in one place. When you need to find the records for a specific purchase, you will know exactly where to look. Our Receipt Keeper is another handy item you might find useful if you always have lots of receipts at the end of the year.
- Make sure you always record debit card purchases in your register. One of the easiest ways people become overdrawn is by forgetting to record card purchases. When you choose to use your debit card, whip out your register right then and there to make note of the purchase.
- Save your receipts, canceled checks, duplicate checks, and other financial records in a safe, secure place for tax season. Your taxes will be easier to file when you have clear records of the year’s purchases.
To order your checks and registers, visit CheckWorks.com and check out our wide selection of personal checks and registers.
When you share a checking account with your spouse, it can be easy to lose track of the money you have, since you’re both writing checks. For instance, if your spouse goes out of town for a few days and writes a few checks, unless he/she keeps you informed, you might write just as many checks, leading to an overdrawn account. The personal checks offered by CheckWorks can help you avoid some of the confusion associated with a joint checking account.
Our personal checkbooks have various features, including duplicates of written checks and detailed registers. These two features, alone, can help you successfully manage a shared checking account. Both features allow easy record-keeping of checks written, no matter which one of you writes the check. At the end of the month, you will find that the duplicate checks and register will help you quickly and easily balance your checkbook.
Here are a few other tips for managing a shared checking account:
- Communicate. If you write a check, let your spouse know, so that he/she can write the information in their checkbook register. Lack of communication is a recipe for a disaster.
- Use the register the right way. Instead of jotting down a quick, abbreviated note in the register, take the time to write down the specifics for each purchase.
- Be neat. You can be as detailed and precise in your register as possible — but if you can’t read the writing, it’s not going to do you any good. Be neat when recording information in your checkbook register, and you will avoid a headache later.
- Compare your register with your monthly bank statement. It is important to compare the two each month, and balance them, to ensure that you and your bank have accurate records of your spending. If you find discrepancies, don’t hesitate to contact your bank. Our detailed registers and duplicate checks can help immensely in tracking down missing transactions.
The bottom line is that a joint checking account is a great resource for couple — but it needs to be managed wisely by both parties. Contact us today at CheckWorks to order your set of personal checks to help you stay on top of your joint checking account.
April 15th has come and gone — and you made the tax deadline by the skin of your teeth! Tax season is one of the most stressful times of the year for millions of people across the country. Every year, you promise to keep better business records — and every year, you fail. CheckWorks is here to help you keep stellar financial records this year with our wide selection of business checks.
You may not realize it, but the right checkbook can be a huge asset when it comes to record-keeping. Every time you write a check, you are creating a paper trail. When you use our business checkbooks that feature duplicates of each check, not only will you have the paper check circulating in the financial system until it comes back to you; you will also have a copy of each check as proof of payment.
Another way our business checks can help you keep detailed financial records is through the register. The register is that part of the checkbook where you write down the date, payee, and amount of each check — the part that you balance at the end of each month. Our detailed registers ensure that you always have the pertinent information for each check written. Used in conjunction with duplicate checks, and you have solid, written evidence of each and every check you write.
Between the duplicate checks and the registers, it should be easy to keep track of your business expenses for the year. Every time you pay a bill, every time you send a payment to a vendor, and every time you create payroll checks for your employees, you will have written records of each transaction. Come tax time of next year, and all you will need to do is gather your checkbooks and registers, turn them over to your accountant, and breathe easy for once.
If you are tired of sweating the IRS every time April rolls around, and you would like to get your financial records organized once and for all, contact CheckWorks today to learn more about our selection of business checks and registers to help you keep meticulous financial records.
One thing that no one ever tells you is that you are not born with good credit. Credit is something that you have to build; something you have to earn with wise financial choices. When you reach the legal age of an adult, you aren’t likely to have bad credit — but you will probably have no credit. It falls on your shoulders to start to build that credit. The flip side of that coin is that, as an adult, you may have had financial struggles that reduced your credit score. One way you can start creating a strong credit score is with a personal checking account — and CheckWorks is here to help, with our wide selection of personal checks.
Whether you have no credit or bad credit, a personal checking account can help improve your score. The careful management of your money, including minimal over-drafts, can slowly boost your credit score. The longer you have your checking account in good standing, the better you will look to creditors. A personal checking account in good standing over time is an indication of someone who understands their finances, lives within their means, and takes care of their financial obligations.
You can start building your credit before you reach the age of legal adulthood by opening a checking account with the help of your parents. As an adult, you can start rebuilding your score by opening an account and managing it with care. Not only will a personal checking account help you boost your credit score, it will also teach you the ins and outs of money management. By keeping careful records of your checks and balancing your checkbook every month, you will soon be in control of your finances.
Personal checking accounts are great credit starters for young people, and they are great options for anyone wishing to repair their credit score. Here at CheckWorks, we understand the importance of a checking account and your credit score. We offer a wide selection of personal checks that will not only meet your financial recording needs, but will also represent your personal style. Contact us today at CheckWorks to order your first box of personal checks as you begin your journey toward a better credit score.