Money management is not normally on the list of available courses when your teen is in high school. It falls on your shoulders, as the parent, to ensure that your child understands financial matters and is ready to face the world when the time comes. CheckWorks is here to help you teach your teen about managing their money. A checking account is one of the easiest tools to use to teach money management. Our wide assortment of checks, registers, and other budget-tracking tools are quite useful in learning about finances. Here are some more tips to help you teach your teen how to be a money-savvy adult!
- Show your teen how to use the register to record every purchase with a check, instead of swiping their debit card. Remind them of how easy it is to overdraw a checking account by always using a debit card. Writing checks provides clear records of where their money is going and how much is left.
- If your teen struggles to remember to use the register, or complains that it is too time-consuming, have him/her use duplicate checks. This will provide a copy of each check written. Your teen can then copy the information to the register after making a purchase.
- Teach your teen to live within his/her means. If they don’t have the cash to cover a purchase, then they shouldn’t buy it. Make sure you do the same and teach by example.
- Once your teen reaches legal age, they can expect lots of credit card offers. Encourage them to ignore the offers — too many credit cards can lead to trouble! Instead, help them find a single card with the best benefits. This will help them build their credit without going into too much debt.
- Help your teen balance his/her checking account at the end of each month. Remind them to ensure that the bank’s statement and their register matches. Tracking down any discrepancies is a must.
As the parent, you need to show your teen the best ways to manage their money in a responsible manner. Remember — you are not just raising a child; you are raising an adult. Contact us today and help your teen order personal checks, registers, and other money-management tools to ensure that he/she enters adulthood confident in their money matters.
Managing your household budget just got easier, thanks to the wide selection of checks from CheckWorks. The right checkbook can help you keep track of your spending habits, ensuring that your bank account is never overdrawn. An added benefit is that by knowing your specific spending habits, when you need to cut corners, your detailed records will make it easier to eliminate unnecessary spending.
Some of the ways that our checkbooks can help you manage your household finances include:
- Duplicate checks – a copy of every check you write provides you with clear records to monitor your spending.
- Detailed registers – specific, easy-to-read registers give you a place to record the details of each transaction, which can be quite helpful during tax time.
- Numerous styles – while the various styles of our checks may not specifically help you manage your finances, the different styles will at least make your check-writing experience a little bit more fun.
Here are some other tips for managing your finances and staying afloat instead of sinking like a rock.
- Remember that a checkbook is not free money – make sure you always have enough in your account to pay for your purchase.
- Balance your checkbook every month to ensure that your bank’s records match your own. Any differences should immediately be tracked down and accounted for – never ignore discrepancies.
- Invest in one of our binders or other organizational tools – they are perfect for keeping all of your checks, duplicate checks, and registers in one place. When you need to find the records for a specific purchase, you will know exactly where to look. Our Receipt Keeper is another handy item you might find useful if you always have lots of receipts at the end of the year.
- Make sure you always record debit card purchases in your register. One of the easiest ways people become overdrawn is by forgetting to record card purchases. When you choose to use your debit card, whip out your register right then and there to make note of the purchase.
- Save your receipts, canceled checks, duplicate checks, and other financial records in a safe, secure place for tax season. Your taxes will be easier to file when you have clear records of the year’s purchases.
To order your checks and registers, visit CheckWorks.com and check out our wide selection of personal checks and registers.
When you share a checking account with your spouse, it can be easy to lose track of the money you have, since you’re both writing checks. For instance, if your spouse goes out of town for a few days and writes a few checks, unless he/she keeps you informed, you might write just as many checks, leading to an overdrawn account. The personal checks offered by CheckWorks can help you avoid some of the confusion associated with a joint checking account.
Our personal checkbooks have various features, including duplicates of written checks and detailed registers. These two features, alone, can help you successfully manage a shared checking account. Both features allow easy record-keeping of checks written, no matter which one of you writes the check. At the end of the month, you will find that the duplicate checks and register will help you quickly and easily balance your checkbook.
Here are a few other tips for managing a shared checking account:
- Communicate. If you write a check, let your spouse know, so that he/she can write the information in their checkbook register. Lack of communication is a recipe for a disaster.
- Use the register the right way. Instead of jotting down a quick, abbreviated note in the register, take the time to write down the specifics for each purchase.
- Be neat. You can be as detailed and precise in your register as possible — but if you can’t read the writing, it’s not going to do you any good. Be neat when recording information in your checkbook register, and you will avoid a headache later.
- Compare your register with your monthly bank statement. It is important to compare the two each month, and balance them, to ensure that you and your bank have accurate records of your spending. If you find discrepancies, don’t hesitate to contact your bank. Our detailed registers and duplicate checks can help immensely in tracking down missing transactions.
The bottom line is that a joint checking account is a great resource for couple — but it needs to be managed wisely by both parties. Contact us today at CheckWorks to order your set of personal checks to help you stay on top of your joint checking account.
April 15th has come and gone — and you made the tax deadline by the skin of your teeth! Tax season is one of the most stressful times of the year for millions of people across the country. Every year, you promise to keep better business records — and every year, you fail. CheckWorks is here to help you keep stellar financial records this year with our wide selection of business checks.
You may not realize it, but the right checkbook can be a huge asset when it comes to record-keeping. Every time you write a check, you are creating a paper trail. When you use our business checkbooks that feature duplicates of each check, not only will you have the paper check circulating in the financial system until it comes back to you; you will also have a copy of each check as proof of payment.
Another way our business checks can help you keep detailed financial records is through the register. The register is that part of the checkbook where you write down the date, payee, and amount of each check — the part that you balance at the end of each month. Our detailed registers ensure that you always have the pertinent information for each check written. Used in conjunction with duplicate checks, and you have solid, written evidence of each and every check you write.
Between the duplicate checks and the registers, it should be easy to keep track of your business expenses for the year. Every time you pay a bill, every time you send a payment to a vendor, and every time you create payroll checks for your employees, you will have written records of each transaction. Come tax time of next year, and all you will need to do is gather your checkbooks and registers, turn them over to your accountant, and breathe easy for once.
If you are tired of sweating the IRS every time April rolls around, and you would like to get your financial records organized once and for all, contact CheckWorks today to learn more about our selection of business checks and registers to help you keep meticulous financial records.
One thing that no one ever tells you is that you are not born with good credit. Credit is something that you have to build; something you have to earn with wise financial choices. When you reach the legal age of an adult, you aren’t likely to have bad credit — but you will probably have no credit. It falls on your shoulders to start to build that credit. The flip side of that coin is that, as an adult, you may have had financial struggles that reduced your credit score. One way you can start creating a strong credit score is with a personal checking account — and CheckWorks is here to help, with our wide selection of personal checks.
Whether you have no credit or bad credit, a personal checking account can help improve your score. The careful management of your money, including minimal over-drafts, can slowly boost your credit score. The longer you have your checking account in good standing, the better you will look to creditors. A personal checking account in good standing over time is an indication of someone who understands their finances, lives within their means, and takes care of their financial obligations.
You can start building your credit before you reach the age of legal adulthood by opening a checking account with the help of your parents. As an adult, you can start rebuilding your score by opening an account and managing it with care. Not only will a personal checking account help you boost your credit score, it will also teach you the ins and outs of money management. By keeping careful records of your checks and balancing your checkbook every month, you will soon be in control of your finances.
Personal checking accounts are great credit starters for young people, and they are great options for anyone wishing to repair their credit score. Here at CheckWorks, we understand the importance of a checking account and your credit score. We offer a wide selection of personal checks that will not only meet your financial recording needs, but will also represent your personal style. Contact us today at CheckWorks to order your first box of personal checks as you begin your journey toward a better credit score.
As a small business owner, you have a huge financial responsibility on your shoulders. You are in charge of carefully monitoring money coming into your business, as well as money going out of your business. Larger businesses employ accountants to keep track of financial matters — small business owners like yourself have to shoulder that responsibility on your own. The right business checks can help make this responsibility a little bit easier.
Writing checks is a big part of running a business, as is making and keeping track of deposits. The right checkbook can make both of these processes faster and easier to track. You need a checkbook that makes it easy to record daily activity, so you can see at a glance the bills paid and deposits made on any given day. You also want business checks that look professional — there is no room for fuzzy kittens in the world of business!
Here at CheckWorks, we carry a wide assortment of business checks designed to help you keep careful records of business transactions. You can choose from several designs to ensure the professional appearance of each check. Our line of checks include:
- Traditional business checks, 1 per page
- Estate business checks
- Computer/laser printer checks
- Designer business checks, 3 per page
- General purpose checks, 3 per page
- Payroll checks, 3 per page
- Accounts payable checks, 3 per page
- Vision business checks
Checks that are 3 per page make it easier to write multiple checks each day — an especially useful feature if you have to write multiple payroll checks to pay your employees. Checks that are 1 per page are perfect for less frequent transactions. If you have a laser printer, our laser checks are the right choice because you can print the exact number of checks you need when you need them. Whether you need to make deposits or pay business expenses, any one of our business checks is sure to meet your needs.
Contact us today at CheckWorks to learn more about our business checks, including the security features, and let us help you place your first of many orders.
When you open your checkbook to write a check, are you pleased with your checks? Are your personal checks drab and boring, or are they a reflection of your personality? If you are not happy with the look of your personal checks, CheckWorks is here to help. We offer a huge selection of personalized check styles to ensure that your checks match your sense of style. Whether you want a classic style in an upbeat color, or you have a soft spot for cute animals, we have the checks to fit your personality.
If you are hesitant to order your checks from somewhere other than your bank, put your worries to rest. Here at CheckWorks, we understand the importance of security when it comes to your hard-earned money. Our checks have several security features, which meet and/or exceed regulations, and include:
- Printing our checks on chemically-sensitive paper to stop anyone from altering your checks.
- Use of a security screen, which is light printing on the back of the checks that cannot be easily copied.
- Use of a microprint signature line, which utilizes small letters that can only be seen with a magnifying glass; otherwise, they appear to be solid or dashed lines.
- Other security features that are not made public to protect your sensitive information.
Now that you know your information will be secure on our printed checks, you can choose from a wide range of personal check styles. Some of the available styles include:
- Dolphins, polar bears, elephants, kittens, puppies, and other animal designs
- Biblical scriptures and motivational quotes, such as Live, Love, Laugh
- Nature scenes, including flowers, leaves, and mountains
- Cuddly, bouncing babies
- Frogs, fish, and other aquatic scenes
- Islands, beaches, and blue sky scenes
CheckWorks ensures that you have plenty of styles to choose from, so you can have personal checks that reflect your personality. Contact us today to learn more about our security features and our huge selection of check styles. It is time to start using checks that bring a smile to your face every time you open your checkbook — and which even bring a smile to the face of the recipient!